Last Updated on January 08, 2014
Comm100 Network Corporation (herein referred to as "We", "Comm100" or the "Company")
describes Comm100's information practices.
and Comm100's information practices have been reviewed by TRUSTe for compliance
program requirements including transparency, accountability and choice regarding
the collection and use of your personal information. TRUSTe's mission, as an independent
third party, is to accelerate online trust among consumers and organizations globally
through its leading privacy trustmark and innovative trust solutions. This privacy
statement covers the Web site comm100.com and its sub-domains.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact
Comm100 at email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with our response you can
TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with us to resolve your concerns.
The TRUSTe program only covers information that is collected through this Web site,
and does not cover information that may be collected through any software downloaded
from this Web site.
1. What Does Comm100 Do?
2. Personal Information Collected
- Comm100 is the leader in customer service and communication software. Comm100 focuses
on developing and managing fully integrated customer support solutions to enable
businesses to communicate with their customers more effectively through multiple
communication channels, including live chat, ticket, email marketing, forum, knowledge
base, help desk and more.
3. Use of Information Collected
- Comm100 offers a variety of services that are collectively referred to as the "Service".
Comm100 collects information from individuals who visit the Company's Web sites
(herein referred to as "Visitors") and individuals who download the Company's software
or related resources, register to use the Service or register to partner with us
(herein referred to as "Users").
- When you express an interest in obtaining additional information about the Service,
downloading the software or related resources, registering to use the Service or
registering to be our partner, Comm100 requires you to provide the Company with
contact information, such as name, web site URL and email address ("Required Contact
Information"). Comm100 may also ask you to provide additional information, such
as company address, number of employees, or industry ("Optional Information").
- When you purchase the Service, Comm100 requires you to provide the Company with
financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address,
credit card number and expiration date. ("Billing Information").
- As you navigate the Company's Web sites, Comm100 may also collect information through
the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons
("Web Site Navigational Information"). Web Site Navigational Information includes
standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language),
your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, and the actions you take on the Company's
Web sites (such as the Web pages viewed and the links clicked).
- Besides the signing up user, you may have other team members or customer service
representatives in your organization ("Operator") using Comm100 software or services.
An Operator is an internal user of your organization, often a customer service representative.
As you add Operator to your site account, Comm100 collects the operator's name and
- We employ live chat to provide you better use of our Service. If our live chat is
offline, we will collect your name and email address so that we can reply to your
request. You may also be required to fill in a pre-chat form before chatting with
us, where your personally identifiable information such as name and email address
- The Company uses information collected to perform the services requested. We will
retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide
you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use
your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will
retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations,
resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Comm100 uses information collected to communicate with Users and Visitors to promote
better use of the Company's software and services. For example, Comm100 may send
Users a maintenance notice or list of new features of the Company's software and
- The Company may also use information collected for marketing purposes. For example,
the Company may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your
interest in Comm100, the Service, and to send you information regarding the Company
and its partners, such as information about promotions or events.
- Comm100 uses credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications
of prospective customers and to collect payment for the Service.
- Comm100 uses Web Site Navigational Information to operate and improve the Company's
Web sites. The Company may also use Web Site Navigational Information in combination
with other information collected to provide personalized information about the Company.
- Comm100 uses information collected before or during a live chat to provide Users
and Visitors with personalized customer service and to follow up to ensure that
their issues are solved. The Company uses information collected through offline
message to reply to the requests.
5. Public Forums, Refer a Friend, User List and User Testimonials
- Comm100 uses commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies, to collect
information as you navigate the Company's Web sites ("Web Site Navigational Information").
meaningful. When you visit one of the Company's Web sites, Comm100 servers send
a cookie to your computer. Standing alone, cookies do not personally identify you.
They merely recognize your Web browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to
Comm100, either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, or filling
out a Web form (such as a "Contact Us" Web form), you remain anonymous to the Company.
- We do link the information we store in cookies to the personally identifiable information
you submit while on our site.
providers is not covered by our privacy statement. We do not have access or control
over these cookies. Our partners, affiliates, tracking utility company or service
providers use session ID cookies to help us track your navigations or actions on
our site and provide you with better experiences or services.
- Our third party data analytics partner employs a software technology called clear
gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site
by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique
identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements
of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard
drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of
the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by
clear gifs to our customers' personally identifiable information.
- We use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been
opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications
and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of
these emails, please see "Choice and Opt-out."
- Widgets: Our Web site includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like
button and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that
run on our site. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are
visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly.
Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly
of the company providing it.
- Flash LSOs: We use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your
preferences such as volume control or high game score, or display content based
upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third Parties, with whom
we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based
upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information.
Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type
of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will
not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for
6. Surveys or Contests
- Comm100 may provide bulletin boards or blogs on the Company's Web sites. Any personally
identifiable information you choose to submit in such forums may be read, collected,
or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited
messages. Comm100 is not responsible for the personally identifiable information
you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal information
from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases,
we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let
you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Users and Visitors may elect to use the Company's referral service to inform friends
about the Company's Web sites. When using the referral service, the Company requests
the friend's name and email address. Comm100 will automatically send the friend
a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Company's Web sites. Comm100 does
not store this information.
- Comm100 may make references to User, User's logo and Website URL in Comm100's user
list located on the Comm100 web site and press releases published by Comm100. If
you do not want your information to be displayed on our site, please contact us
and we will reply to your request in 10 business days.
- Comm100 posts a list of case studies and testimonials on the Company's Web sites
that contain information such as Users' names and titles. Comm100 obtains the consent
of each User prior to posting case studies or testimonials. If you wish to update
or delete your case study or testimonial, you can contact us at
7. Sharing of Information Collected
- From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests
or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable
information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary
and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The
requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping
address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
- We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor site
traffic and to send participants email newsletters.
- We may use a third party marketing service provider to conduct these surveys or
contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users' personally identifiable
information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable
information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless
we give you prior notice and choice.
8. Unsubscribe and Opt-Out
- Comm100 does NOT share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information
with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Comm100 may share information collected with the Company's agents so that these
agents can contact Users and Visitors who have provided contact information on our
- Comm100 uses a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary
is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole
purpose of credit card processing on the Company's behalf.
- Comm100 may disclose personally identifiable information of the Company's Users
and Visitors if required by law or if the Company reasonably believes that disclosure
is necessary to protect the Company's rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding,
court order, or legal process.
- If Comm100 is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of
its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web
site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as
any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
9. Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting/Deleting Personally
- Comm100 offers Users and Visitors who provide contact information means to choose
how the Company uses the information provided. You may unsubscribe from receiving
marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the "unsubscribe"
link located on the bottom of the Company's marketing emails. Additionally, you
may reply the received email and let us know you want to unsubscribe.
- Please note that generally Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails
related to their account with Comm100 or the Service. If you really do not wish
to receive them, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Comm100 will remove Users or Visitors from the Company's mailing list(s) in 10 business
days upon receiving Users or Visitors' unsubscribe requests.
10. User Data
- If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct, update or
amend it by making the change on your site or user profile page after logging into
your site account with your site Id, email and password. If you no longer desire
our service, you may request to delete/remove your personally identifiable information
by emailing email@example.com. Your request
will be responded in 10 business days.
- Comm100 Users use the Service to host data and information ("User Data"). Comm100
will NOT review, share, distribute, or reference any such User Data except required
- User Data is collected and owned by Comm100 Users, thus the use of User Data is
governed by the privacy practice of Comm100 Users instead of Comm100. This privacy
statement does not cover Comm100 Users' policy on information of their website visitors
and clients collected through Comm100 web sites and services. Comm100 takes no responsibility
for the privacy issues of Comm100 Users.
- Individual records of User Data may be viewed or accessed only for the purpose of
investigating an abuse complaint in Comm100 Email Marketing, resolving a problem,
support issues, or suspected violation of the Comm100 Hosted Service Agreement,
or as may be required by law. To prevent spamming in Comm100 Email Marketing, the
Company's customer service representatives may look into the content of your emails
to decide if Comm100 Email Marketing system will send out your emails.
- To maintain our email sending reputation, we examine the delivery data on each individual
email basis for Comm100 users. The email delivery data includes, but is not limited
to, if an email is delivered, reported as spam or rejected by receiving server.
These delivery data may be collected from our email sending program or provided
by the email receiving entity.
- Users are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their
Comm100 usernames and passwords.
12. Changes to This Privacy Statement
- Comm100 uses robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access,
maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of User Data. When the
Service is accessed using Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later, Firefox version
2.0 or later, or Safari version 3.0 or later, Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") technology
protects User Data using both server authentication and data encryption. The chat
content in Comm100 Live Chat is encrypted with SSL by default. These technologies
help ensure that User Data is safe, secure, and only available to the User to whom
the information belongs and those to whom the User has granted access. Comm100 also
implements an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session
identifications, and the Company hosts its Web sites in a secure server environment
that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access
from outside intruders. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or
method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its
statement on the home page, and in other places we deem appropriate so that you
are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances,
if any, we disclose it.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review
it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here,
by email, or by means of a notice on our home page prior to the changes taking effect.
Comm100 Network Corporation
Address: Suite 238 - 1027 Davie Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6E 4L2, Canada