Last Updated on April 6th, 2017
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
What Does Comm100 Do?
Comm100 is the leader in customer service and communication software. Comm100 focuses on developing and managing fully integrated customer support solutions to enable businesses to communicate with their customers more effectively through multiple communication channels, including live chat, ticket, email marketing, forum, knowledge base, help desk and more.
Personally Identifiable Information Collected
- Comm100 offers a variety of services that are collectively referred to as the “Service”. Comm100 collects information from individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites (herein referred to as “Visitors”) and individuals who download the Company’s software or related resources, register to use the Service or register to partner with us (herein referred to as “Users”).
- When you express an interest in obtaining additional information about the Service, downloading the software or related resources, registering to use the Service or registering to be our partner, Comm100 requires you to provide the Company with contact information, such as name, web site URL and email address (“Required Contact Information”). Comm100 may also ask you to provide additional information, such as company address, number of employees, or industry (“Optional Information”).
- When you purchase the Service, Comm100 requires you to provide the Company with financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number and expiration date. (“Billing Information”).
- As you navigate the Company’s Web sites, Comm100 may also collect information through the use of commonly-used information-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons (“Web Site Navigational Information”). Web Site Navigational Information includes standard information from your Web browser (such as browser type and browser language), your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the actions you take on the Company’s Web sites (such as the Web pages viewed and the links clicked).
- Besides the signing up user, you may have other team members or customer service representatives in your organization (“Operator”) using Comm100 software or services. An Operator is an internal user of your organization, often a customer service representative. As you add Operator to your site account, Comm100 collects the operator’s name and email address.
- We employ live chat to provide you better use of our Service. If our live chat is offline, we will collect your name and email address so that we can reply to your request. You may also be required to fill in a pre-chat form before chatting with us, where your personally identifiable information such as name and email address is collected.
Use of Information Collected
- The Company uses information collected to perform the services requested. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Comm100 uses information collected to communicate with Users and Visitors to promote better use of the Company’s software and services. For example, Comm100 may send Users a maintenance notice or list of new features of the Company’s software and services.
- The Company may also use information collected for marketing purposes. For example, the Company may use information you provide to contact you to further discuss your interest in Comm100, the Service, and to send you information regarding the Company and its partners, such as information about promotions or events.
- Comm100 uses credit card information solely to check the financial qualifications of prospective customers and to collect payment for the Service.
- Comm100 uses Web Site Navigational Information to operate and improve the Company’s Web sites. The Company may also use Web Site Navigational Information in combination with other information collected to provide personalized information about the Company.
- Comm100 uses information collected before or during a live chat to provide Users and Visitors with personalized customer service and to follow up to ensure that their issues are solved. The Company uses information collected through offline message to reply to the requests.
- We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store your preferences such as volume control or high game score, or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Links to Third Party Websites, Public Forums, Refer a Friend, User List and User Testimonials
- Comm100 may provide bulletin boards or blogs on the Company’s Web sites. Any personally identifiable information you choose to submit in such forums may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Comm100 is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personally identifiable information from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Users and Visitors may elect to use the Company’s referral service to inform friends about the Company’s Web sites. When using the referral service, the Company requests the friend’s name and email address. Comm100 will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Company’s Web sites. Comm100 does not store this information.
- Comm100 may make references to User, User’s logo and Website URL in Comm100’s user list located on the Comm100 web site and press releases published by Comm100. If you do not want your information to be displayed on our site, please contact us and we will reply to your request in 10 business days.
- Comm100 posts a list of case studies and testimonials on the Company’s Web sites that contain information such as Users’ names and titles. Comm100 obtains the consent of each User prior to posting case studies or testimonials. If you wish to update or delete your case study or testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surveys or Contests
- From time-to-time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
- We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor site traffic and to send participants email newsletters.
- We may use a third party marketing service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personally identifiable information for any other purpose. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
Sharing of Information Collected
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Comm100 may share information collected with the Company’s agents so that these agents can contact Users and Visitors who have provided contact information on our behalf.
- Comm100 uses a third-party intermediary to manage credit card processing. This intermediary is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on the Company’s behalf.
- In certain situations, Comm100 may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Comm100 may disclose personally identifiable information of the Company’s Users and Visitors if required by law or if the Company reasonably believes that disclosure is necessary to protect the Company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- If Comm100 is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personally identifiable information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personally identifiable information.
Unsubscribe and Opt-Out
- Comm100 offers Users and Visitors who provide contact information means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Company’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may reply the received email and let us know you want to unsubscribe.
- Please note that generally Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with Comm100 or the Service. If you really do not wish to receive them, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Comm100 will remove Users or Visitors from the Company’s mailing list(s) in 10 business days upon receiving Users or Visitors’ unsubscribe requests.
Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting/Deleting Personally Identifiable Information
- Upon request Comm100 will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct, update or amend it by making the change on your site or user profile page after logging into your site account with your site Id, email and password. If you no longer desire our service, you may request to delete/remove your personally identifiable information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
- Comm100 Users use the Service to host data and information (“User Data”). Comm100 will NOT review, share, distribute, or reference any such User Data except required by law.
- Individual records of User Data may be viewed or accessed only for the purpose of investigating an abuse complaint in Comm100 Email Marketing, resolving a problem, support issues, or suspected violation of the Comm100 Hosted Service Agreement, or as may be required by law. To prevent spamming in Comm100 Email Marketing, the Company’s customer service representatives may look into the content of your emails to decide if Comm100 Email Marketing system will send out your emails.
- To maintain our email sending reputation, we examine the delivery data on each individual email basis for Comm100 users. The email delivery data includes, but is not limited to, if an email is delivered, reported as spam or rejected by receiving server. These delivery data may be collected from our email sending program or provided by the email receiving entity.
- Users are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their Comm100 usernames and passwords.
Comm100 uses robust security measures to protect data from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of User Data. When the Service is accessed using Internet Explorer version 6.0 or later, Firefox version 2.0 or later, or Safari version 3.0 or later, Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology protects User Data using both server authentication and data encryption. The chat content in Comm100 Live Chat is encrypted with SSL by default. These technologies help ensure that User Data is safe, secure, and only available to the User to whom the information belongs and those to whom the User has granted access. Comm100 also implements an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications, and the Company hosts its Web sites in a secure server environment that uses firewalls and other advanced technology to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personally identifiable information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Comm100 Network Corporation
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 1-778-785-0464
- Address: Suite 238 – 1027 Davie Street, Vancouver, BC, V6E 4L2, Canada