Before you invest in any new technology, you need to have well-defined goals and expectations. Live chat and AI chatbots are no different. While there are many vendors out there that offer live chat or chatbot services, we recommend that you select a vendor that does both for easier implementation, training, and execution.
Here are 5 factors you need to consider when evaluating the right vendor for you.
Questions to ask about…
- What depth of personalization options are offered?
- What segmentation capabilities are available for consumers in different regions or languages, or other demographics?
- What kind of data is provided out of the box and does it provide the right insights to create more personalized experiences?
- Is there intent-based routing available to automatically direct questions to the right department the first time, without triage or transfers?
- Can integrations and APIs be used to connect to other systems, making deep personalization automatic?
Quality live chat and chatbot platforms will allow healthcare providers to create personalized messages to a patient based on their geography, interaction history, patient file and more. Personalization is crucial for providers to build stronger relationships with their customers.
Your agents are your primary end-users, so any live chat or chatbot platform must enhance their ability to do great work without needing lengthy training or workarounds. 98% of organizations state the agent experience (AX) is a key part of any successful client experience strategy, so any good platform needs to appeal as much to the agents as the clients.
The right platform should be versatile enough to contribute to every single one of your target metrics for customer care and flexible enough to adapt to any technology stack through customization options.
Quality conversations build stronger relationships, but they shouldn’t occur at the expense of efficiency. Organizations need to make sure the platform they select is able to support a digital engagement program that provides quality interactions through personalized, interactive experiences that fuel greater customer satisfaction.
Safeguarding ePHI is non-negotiable. A good digital consumer engagement platform should have HIPAA-specific policies and procedures, and the vendor should demonstrate specific HIPAA awareness and security training to ensure they have appropriate security measures in place.