Split your team into pairs.
Ask pairs to imagine their absolute worst case scenario customer interaction that could realistically happen in the course of their day to day work. The sky is the limit here – it’s fine to be really creative with this! Ask them to discuss this in their pairs for a few minutes.
Then, ask them to discuss in their pairs a few questions. Give them ten minutes or so for this.
- What would this scenario feel like from the other person’s perspective?
- What behavior from you, and the other person, would cause this situation to happen?
- How do you think you would handle this situation, realistically?
- What would be the best things to do in this situation?
- How could you make sure you do the best things in this situation?
Once finished, ask the team members to discuss their scenario and the types of things they thought about. Draw out any interesting points or themes.