This article will outline issues you might be experiencing which are caused by network errors, root causes of network issues, as well as potential solutions to these problems.
Issues You’re Experiencing:
- When I try logging in to the Comm100 agent console to chat with my visitors, I receive a Network Error message.
- I am getting an error message saying We are not able to connect to server when trying to login to my agent console.
- When I send a message, there is a delay before it shows on the visitor side. Also, visitor responses are not showing up instantly.
- While logged into the agent console, I am seeing the message: Internet Connection unstable or unavailable.
- I am seeing an unexpected error message in the agent console.
All the above-mentioned errors are related to your network/internet connection or Comm100’s servers. Here are the potential causes of network issues:
- Network Error: Network Error is caused by network connection related issues. It occurs when your connection to Comm100’s chat server fails.
- Inactive Server: Caused when you have failed to get a response from Comm100’s chat server.
- Latency: Could happen when your connection is slow or unstable.
- Unexpected error: You might see this error if the network you are connected to is unstable.
- See if your internet connection is working. Check the VPN or proxy network if you are connected to any. If no connection failure is detected, please close the Chat Console sign in page and try logging in again.
- Try from another network (LAN/WLAN/VPN/Mobile network).
If the above solutions aren’t working, further troubleshooting is required. Contact us with the following diagnosis.
you will have to test the connection between you and the Comm100 live chat server you are trying to connect to. You can download the software program WinMTR which is a Windows application combining the functionality of traceroute and ping utilities in a single network diagnostic tool.
Perform the following steps to collect the data Comm100 needs to diagnose the issue:
- Click here to download the testing tool.
- Enter chatserver.comm100.com in Host and then click Start. If your live chat is on private server, please enter your domain name instead. For example, if your live chat server address is livechat.yourcompany.com, please enter this address in the Host.
- Wait about 5 minutes, then click Stop.
- Click Copy Text to clipboard and then send back the data to us.
Agent Console Dumpfile:
- In the agent Console Click on the Question Mark ( ? ) and then click Diagnose.
- Click OK when You get the prompt.
- Save the TXT file and send to us.
- Open Developer tool by pressing F12 if you are on the browser. For desktop app press Shift+Ctrl+i.
- Click on the Network tab.
- Select Preserve log. Make sure the circle at the top-left of the Network tab
- Refresh the page and reproduce the problem.
- After you have successfully reproduced the issue, right-click on any row of the network activity panel and select Save as HAR with Content. Send the file to us.