How to manage my canned messages?
Canned Messages are pre-defined messages in your account. For instance, a canned message might be an answer to a frequently asked question. During a chat, an agent can pick out canned messages and send them to the visitor, which helps the agent provide the visitor quick response.
Step by Step Instructions
- Log into your Comm100 account;
- Click Settings from the Live Chat module;
- Go to Canned Messages;
- Click New Message to create a new message;
Note: You can create either a public canned message or a private one.
- An agent by default has permission to create/edit/delete his/her private Canned Messages/URLs.
- Administrators and agents who have permission to manage public Canned Messages/URLs can create/edit/delete any public Canned Messages/URLs. For how to set permission for non-admin agents, please click here.
- A private canned message/URL is only available to its creator.
- Select a category for the message if necessary, and enter the title and the message;
- Click Save.
There you are. The new settings will take effect immediately. You do not need to re-paste the live chat code to make the change work.