Zapier is a web-based service that allows you to connect applications together and automate data transfer between them. Using Zapier’s integration with Comm100, you can send live-chat related event data to different web apps or efficiently perform actions based on triggers you set up, making it easy to automate tedious tasks.
The integration is quick and easy to set up and helps Comm100 Live Chat interact with your favorite web apps such as MailChimp, Zoho CRM, Jira, Slack, Marketo, Trello and many more. For example, you can add contacts into your Zoho CRM system when a chat ends, send Slack notifications when a chat begins, or update contact information in HubSpot when an offline message is submitted. The possibilities are nearly endless!
Within Comm100, there are multiple ready-made templates to help you set up the integration. Currently, the following events can be used to trigger actions within applications you have connected using Zapier:
- Chat Requested: When a visitor submits a chat request.
- Chat Ended: When a visitor ends a chat.
- Chat Wrapped Up: When an agent wraps-up a chat.
- Chat Started: When a visitor and agent begin chatting.
- Chat Transferred: When a chat is transferred from agent to another.
- Offline Message Submitted: When a visitor leaves an offline-message.
This article will guide you through the process for integrating Comm100 with your web-applications using Zapier.
Guide to Set up:
- Log into your Comm100 Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Integrations & API menu.
- Click Settings underneath the Zapier logo.
- You will see a list of templates that can be used to fast-track integration set up. Before starting the integration process, please Sign into your Zapier account first.
- Choose one of the templates (AKA “Zaps”) and click Use This Zap. Here we are using Trello as an example- in this case creating new Trello cards when a visitor leaves an offline message.
- Confirm your Comm100 Live Chat Triggers and click Continue.
- Click Connect an Account.
- In the popup window, allow Zapier to access your Comm100 Account. If you have a customized live chat server domain, please submit it. For our cloud server clients, simply click Yes, Continue.
- Log into your Comm100 account and allow the Zapier’s access to Comm100.
- Your Comm100 account is now connected to Zapier. You can rename the account, and click the Test button to check the connection, then click Save + Continue.
- Click Pull in Samples to see sample data that will trigger your Zap. The sample data contains Field Names and their corresponding values which helps you map the data and set up corresponding Zapier Actions.
- Click Continue after pulling a sample.
- Set up the Action configuration. The integration process is displayed on the left panel.
- Confirm your Action, and click Continue.
- Click Connect an Account to access your web app. In this example, log into your web-application.
- Allow Zapier to use your web-app (Trello in this case).
- Select your application account and click Save + Continue.
- Here is an example of how you would set up a card in Trello, this will vary depending on the web application you are connecting to. This is an important step that ensures the correct data will be sent to the correct fields in your target web application. For a Trello card, you need to select Board, List, and Name. If you click Show advanced options, you can configure the data field-mapping in detail.
- Send Test data to your web application.
If the Test was successful, a new Card will be created in your Trello account.
- Click Finish to complete the Zapier Action configuration.
- Your Zap is enabled and should be working now.
You can find the enabled Zap between Comm100 and web-apps on your Zapier Dashboard.
Now, whenever your visitor leaves an offline message for you, the message will be instantly sent to your Trello account as new card.
Congratulations! You have created your first Zap! You can get started and link the many web-apps you use so that you can save valuable time and effort.