Manage individual agent permissions
If you are a Site Administrator or have permission to manage agents, you can allow or revoke certain agent permissions.
Note: A site administrator by default owns all the permissions.
- Click Agents in the My Account portal.
- Click the gear icon on right side of an agent to access the permission page.
- By default an agent will have Accept Chats, View Chat Transcripts & Offline Messages, Manage Private Canned Messages, View Reports, Refuse Chats, Invite Visitors to Chat, Join Chats, Transfer Chats, Monitor My Departments’ Chats, Capture, Chat with Other Agents in Live Chat and Manage My profile permission under Account Tab. You can allow/remove certain permissions for an agent from this setting here.
Manage group permissions
- In My Account module go to Agents>Groups.
- Click the gear(Set agent group permission) icon and add/remove permssisons to the agent group.
Important: An agent will inherit permissions both from the agent and group permissions i.e if Goerge is a member of Group 01, he will inherit all the permissions from Permisson Settings Of Agent “Goerge” and Permission Settings Of Agent Group “Group 01”.
Agent Permission = Individual permissions + Group permissions