Yes, Comm100 Live Chat supports file transfer between agent(s) and a visitor.
You can view the files during the chat and even after the chat. All the transferred files are attached to the chat transcript for your future review.
- At most 20 files can be transferred between agent(s) and the visitor during a chat session. Free users can only send up to 10.
- The maximum size of a file can be transferred is 10 MB. For Free users the maximum file size supported is 5 MB.
- Nearly all formats of files, including pdf, word, excel, video and etc, are supported. Unsupported file format includes .EXE, .EXE, .SYS, .SRC, .CMD, .BAT, .RAR, .DLL, .COM, .ISO, .HTML, .RM, .AVI, .TMP, .MDF, .MID, .JAR, .PIF.
Send a File from the Visitor Side
- Click on Send File in bottom left of Chat Window.
- Browse for the file to send it over to Agent.
After the file is sent successfully, agent just needs to click on the file name to download and view the file.
Send a File from the Agent Side
- Click the File Transfer icon in Visitor Monitor.
- Browse for the file and send it to Visitor.
After the file is sent successfully, the visitor just needs to click on the file name to download and view the file.