Starting from August 1, 2015, the old live chat code will stop functioning. If you continue using the old code on your website, your chat button will no longer appear and neither you nor your customers can initiate chats. To stay connected with your customers, please make sure the chat code on all your web pages is updated to the latest version by then. Check out the Step-by-Step Instuction
Definition of Old Live Chat Code
If the live chat code currently installed on your website was got from your Comm100 account before April 27th, 2013, it is the old code.
Benefits of the New Live Chat Code
Iteration and version evolution are the must-taken routes to perfection in the software industry. And the only purpose of every evolution is to improve user experiences. The new live chat code features the following benefits:
- Faster chat button and website loading, good for both user experience and SEO.
- Fixed the issue that you might experience slow website loading when our chat server was under maintenance.
- Removed the “powered by” links in the code, which might cause your website visitors clicking to the Comm100 website by mistake.
- Features such as Embedded Chat Window, MaximumOn technology, Custom Variable, and many coming new features require the new code to work.
Compare the Old and the New
Here are some screenshots of the different code versions for you to better understand the situation.
- Sample New Code
- Sample Old Code No.1
- Sample Old Code No.2
Should you have any questions or need any help, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team via:
- Phone: 1-778-785-0464
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chat with us
Thank you for all your support.